Use the Q&A Handout to answer the following
|This activity is
designed to allow students to examine the impact of smoking. Students
should use information from this unit as well as other resources
to find the answers.
1. Why is smoking hazardous?
2. Do "snuff" and chewing tobacco contain nicotine?
What about irritants and carcinogens? Are these hazardous?
3. What is meant by "addiction"?
4. Are cigars and pipes more hazardous than cigarettes?
Why or why not?
5. Can you reduce the chance of lung diseases? If so,
6. Why do some scientists believe that secondhand smoke is more dangerous
than smoking a regular cigarette?
7. Does cigarette smoke contribute to air pollution? If
8. How does smoking change the way the body works? Is
this good or bad?
Return to Activity
Why It Matters |
How We Find Out |
What We Know |
Common Hazards |
Self-Study Game |
Teachers Pages |
Peer Curriculum |
Organ Systems Home Page |
Copyright © 2001-2003
Web Site Privacy Statement